|The Stanley Arms
The pub itself pre-dates the shipwreck and also stands in Stanley Street, probably
named after Edward (Lord) Stanley
who was Prime Minister three times between
1852 and 1868.
In 2011 the Stanley Arms was closed
It reopened in 2012 as The Fleet.
The leaded fanlight over the door
had been replaced by this one
It closed again in 2017