Home Header

R. & W. Hawthorn Leslie and Company, Limited, usually referred to as Hawthorn Leslie, was a St Peter's, Newcastle upon Tyne shipbuilding and locomotive manufacturer  formed by the merger of the shipbuilder A. Leslie and Company and the locomotive works of R and W Hawthorn in 1870.
The shipyard was based at Hebburn and Andrew Leslie recruited many Scottish workers from his home town of Aberdeen.
Hawthorn Leslie Cavalier Main building Drinking fountain St Andrew's
1993 HMS Cavalier Demolition Drinking
fountain
St. Andrew's