Home Royal Quays
Formerly the Albert Edward Dock

Royal Quays 2014 Albert Edward Dock 1927
Royal Quays Marina 2014
Modern housing now occupies the West and South sides of the marina, with imported vehicles in the lower left corner
Albert Edward Dock 1927
Coal staithes are loading the vessels at the top of the dock with a large grain warehouse left of centre.
Albert Edward Dock 1993

Prior to redevelopment to Royal Quays, Albert Edward Dock was used for importing timber  and exporting coal. Now it is a marina and housing development. It does, however, have a deepwater berth and is used by the Royal Navy and Cruise Ships
(See also 'surprises' in the Art section)

Earl of Zetland 2008

Floating Restaurant, "Earl of Zetland", in Royal Quays Marina
Built in 1939 in Aberdeen, she operated between Shetland and Orkney as an inter-island ferry until 1975.
Used as a survey vessel until conversion into a floating restaurant in 1988

Dismantled for scrap in 2020 : More views in Favourites
Quay plaque 2007

Plaque to mark the major reconstruction and re-naming of the former Tyne Commissioners Quay in 2007. The next visit of the QE2 was her farewell tour. The quay is now used for cruise ships and military visits.