Local  The Stag Line building
North Shields

Built in 1806-7 as a subscription library for Tynemouth Literary and Philosophical Society. Occupied 1895-1980 by Stag Line Ltd., one of Tyneside's oldest family-owned shipping companies. The building is now North Shields' Register Office. The anchor is The Seafarer's Anchor Memorial. 

1847 Stag Line emblem refurbished 2003
Register Office
Register Office 2020
Seafarer's Anchor Memorial

Note: The original Stag Line flag had a white stag on a red background.

Stag Line Flag
See view from 'The Haddock Shop'